Sunday, December 19, 2010

CHRISTMAS!!!!

It's Christmas soon! I am such a procrastinator, I have yet to write my post about the Raven show, and my review of Mustaine's autobiography, and 'I Am Ozzy'... now that finals are over I might have a smidgen of time but probably not!
Today they're playing the classic Rebel Without a Cause on TV so I felt compelled to write up a list of my favorite Christmas movies of all time (I know, Rebel Without a Cause isn't even a Christmas movie, it's a strange source of inspiration).
Here they are (not in order of preference because that would be too hard, but the ones in red are the true masterpieces).
A Christmas Story (1983) - the leg lamp!!!
The Canterville Ghost (1944) - only this one, and definitely NOT the remake with Patrick Stewart
Christmas in Connecticut (1945) - and also the 90s remake by Schwarzenegger with Diane Cannon
Scrooged (1988)
The Christmas Tree (1996)
Ernest Saves Christmas (1988)
White Christmas (1954)
The Bishop's Wife (1947)
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (1989)
Miracle on 34th St (any of them)
A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)
Ghostbusters II (1989)
Die Hard (1988)
Lethal Weapon (1987) - see the scene with Mel Gibson and the thugs in the Christmas tree lot!
Bad Santa (2003)
Home Alone (1990)
The best ones are all from the 1940s and the 1980s. I wonder what that means.
HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment